Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Zoom, Zoom


The pinewood derby is tonight. As mentioned in the last post, I am now the second counselor in Primary. One of my responsibilities is to support Cub Scouts. We combine with two other wards and the refreshments are rotated among the Primary counselors. I just happened to get the pinewood derby pack meeting. Enter Martha Stewart. I remembered the car shaped cookie cutter I have from the grandkids playdough stuff, so I spent most of Monday baking and decorating cookies. Chris even got into the action. For FHE we frosted cookies and he added the racing stripes. Brownies separate the lanes and mint patties hold up the checkered flags. I emailed the cub master to let her know I would bring the table cloth for the refreshment table. She was a little surprised as they normally just put refreshements behind the kitchen roll-up window and keep it down until after the meeting. I guess food makes it hard for little boys to concentrate. After I explained that I got carried away with the theme, she consented to having a refreshment table in the cultural hall. What can I say, I'm NEW! Oh,did I mention that the blue cars turn your mouth blue, and. . . two of the Dads are dentists. They are going to love me!

3 comments:

  1. Mom those are adorable! I wish I would have had that idea last year for Gordon's party...WAY cuter than what I did! You are a rising Martha Stewart...you should post pictures of the Christmas Party decor you had :)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Love that Dad helped you too! I can just picture you two in the kitchen decorating these cute cars :) What a fun FHE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them and they look amazing! Wish I could eat one! Yum. And I like this posting again thing. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete